Friday, June 22, 2012

Arrive Bangkok, Very Hot!

Well we made it to Thailand!  We had some turbulence on the way from Tokyo but otherwise the flight was great.  Asia is where I am meant to be.  I am totally normal sized here, and bet if I went shopping I wouldn't have to hem every item of clothing I might purchase!  Matt however is a giant amongst men. Makes it easy to find him in a crowd.  Speaking of everything being my size, check this out:


Yes, a foot rest in the plane. Totally convenient too because my feet never quite can be comfortable on a plane due to my lack of leg length but here they make things just my size.

The Thailand Airport is beautiful, and fancy too!  Look at this:


Yes, Orchids in the bathroom.. Not plastic ones, actual real and beautiful flowers.  Swoon.  I wanted to take more pictures of the airport but our flight didn't get in til 12:30 am and I was a little over the whole traveling thing.  I'll take more later if I can.  They let us into the country although the first passport control officer turned us down because we didn't know the address of where we would be staying.  So a super friendly tourist helper person told us what to write when we are clueless and sent us to a kinder kiosk.  All our luggage arrived and then we were able to find our picker-upper person sent by the branch.  His name was um...well...anyways he told us his nickname was Tex and that was a lot easier for my travel weary brain than his real name. We tried, honestly.  Anyways we went outside, and boy, it's hot here.  91 degrees with full on humidity in the middle of the night!  Made it safe to the branch where we were greeted by 2 friendly dogs (yes, dogs) and then Tex showed us to our room.
Isn't it pretty?  I thought Tera would like this picture:)


We got about 3.5 hours of sleep because we needed to be up and at the Embassy first thing for our visas. Next post we'll tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment