Wednesday, June 27, 2012

First Monday

Monday we woke up bright and early and found our places for breakfast.  We eat in the "Cafe"  aka the construction dining room.  Which translates to outside screened in dining.  Which basically leads us to the point of "not air conditioned".
View from my seat.
However, it only gets really hot when it is about to rain.  Relatively speaking.  More on that later.  It honestly isn't uncomfortable in the mornings and when it does rain (which we will talk about later) it is so cool because there is a metal roof and it sounds neat! We had some meetings in the morning and got our picture taken for the board of those who have made themselves available to come here so far.
Looking on with anticipation!
 We got a little tour:
The Inside Dining Room
One of the 2 guard dogs. We had to meet them so they will be friendly to us.
Tree on property.
Cool gate in neighborhood.
 Here we are with the newly established Myanmar Sign Language Translation Team!
So exciting to meet them!

Lunchtime was a new experience.


See that shriveled up stuff at the front?  That was fish at some point.  Which I thought I would be brave and try.  That went well.  I couldn't figure out what to do with it and so instead of eating like a cave woman with my hands I tried a knife and fork.  Which led to the fish leaping off the plate (my knife made a nice loud metallic on ceramic noise to draw EVERYONE'S attention to this fact) and diving underneath my chair.  Where it stayed til I scraped my chair (hey, I am nothing if not discreet) back and retrieved it.  That fish was not worth the effort.  Never again. Did I mention we were in the INSIDE dining room?  The fancy one?....The soup looking stuff though?  Curry.  Which we love.  Matt had 2 helpings, yes 2. He thoroughly enjoyed it.  Only later did we find out that the potato looking stuff was actually eggplant.  OH  yes.  Matt ate eggplant and loved it. (Patti, I put that in for you, remember when you were trying to help him like it?  Now you can serve it to him any time.  You have my blessing.)

And in the afternoon we learned how to do some Laundry.
 In the evening is Watchtower study.  There is an English one and a Myanmar one. Afterwards we had a nice chat with our housemates and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment