Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Obsession With The Letter T!

Well we have made it to Tokyo so far.  We are waiting to get on our flight to Thailand.  It is supposed to be 7 hours so that is 5.5 hours shorter than our last one!

It occurred to me today that every airport I will be in on this trip will be absolutely new to me!  I have never been to Asia (obviously) however I have never been to Texas before.  Granted I was only there an hour, but I think it counts.  I could tell from taking the train between terminals that the heat there is intense. So all in one trip I will have been to Texas, Tokyo and Thailand, 3 places that have T in the first letter of the name!

Something that always intrigues me when we travel are the different types of toilets.  Yes, toilets. (Letter T again). I realize that may seem a little, um, gross. However until you  travel out of the country, and those of you that have been out of the country probably get what I'm saying here.  You encounter a WIDE variety of toilet technology.  Here in Tokyo I found 3 different types all in one bathroom.  Yes, I'm bored.  I had to do 3 different recon trips to the bathroom to get my pictures while the bathroom was empty so that all the locals wouldn't think I was creepy.  Please, no comments on that last statement.  You all know me well enough to form your own opinions.

The first one was the boring style from home so I spared you pictures of that one.

The second one was super advanced.  I was scared to use it in case it started talking to me:



The third one is old school, but hey!







They explain on the instruction board how to use it, and they say it's way more sanitary.  I didn't post the instruction board, I figured I was going overboard with the toilet pictures already.  The bathrooms were very clean by the way, in case you were interested.

Ok, well here are a couple pictures of us, check out the amazing desk Matt found to charge the IPad at.


I love the color. And here I am, blogging about toilets.


Notice the authentic Japaneses signage in the back.

Well, that's all for this one folks.  Hope you got a laugh anyway!  We love you all, will keep in touch when we can!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures of toilets, who knew there was such a variety... Keep them coming it gave us a good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete