Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tuesday

Our internet has been down for the last day so I couldn't post anything but hopefully I'll get caught up here soon.  Maybe.  We'll see.

Tuesday the 26th was Matt's day helping in the kitchen and my day helping in housekeeping.


The sister I worked with has just recently come here from the district work.  Myanmar has just one district and so they travel far and wide.  By bus, plane, train and on foot.  I really enjoyed talking to her as we worked.  Also on tea break.:)  We had biscuits (aka cookies) on tea break and they look like this:

They taste like Ritz crackers with chocolate on them.  I don't actually care for Ritz crackers, however I will tolerate a lot for some chocolate!

From the floor I was on you can see the one of the windows in our room:
In the building with the red roof we are the last window on the right hand side.

As you can see our house is quite close.  It takes like a minute to walk from our room to the outside dining room which is located in the building in the front of the picture where the roof is obscured by the tree.  You can also see the construction of the new building on the right.

Here is a picture in the hallway at bethel that I love.

Tuesday was also our first day of experiencing rain in Asia.  I had a whole blog post in my mind about the shocking lack of rain here.  I mean, I was promised Monsoons and the weather had just been beautiful ever since we landed.  For 5 whole days we did not witness one drop of rain! Not ONE!  Aren't you sorry that you missed out on that tirade?  However, on Tuesday we found out that it does rain here. And on Wednesday.  And Thursday. And Friday. So.  That satisfied me.  Also I have been told that June is just the beginning and in July and August it will rain harder and oftener.  So I'm sure I will get my fill of it.  Quickly.  The rain here is really amazing.  All the sudden the heavens are just pouring rain.  Like the faucet was turned on. Then the next minute it might be dry.  Just like that.  I took a video of it but I can't load it.  Maybe another time.  It's quite gripping.  Well, that depends on if you like videos of rain or not.

Tuesday night we went to meeting.  It also happens to be the week of the C.O. Visit.  In a year and a half Matt and I have been a part of 8 C.O. Visits.  Which is quite a lot really.  It has just worked out with our moving and traveling that we happen to be there for the C.O. wherever we are!  We have heard many talks more than once, but it's wonderful to see how they information fits the area you are in at the time.

We thoroughly enjoy the meetings here.

Here we are with Brian and Allison, a couple here from California. (This picture is for Rod and Virginia.  I do not have their email address so if you are in a position to tell them that this picture is here and tell them how to find it, I would appreciate it.  Or send me their email and I will send it to them:)
You may notice that Matt and I are matching.  We didn't even realize til Allison pointed it out to us. Wow. Too cute:D

 No matter where we go, we find friends in common!  On the ride to and from the Kingdom Hall we take a truck and squish as many people in the back as we can. I want to take a picture of it to show you all but it will have to wait since every time it has been so humid that my camera fogs up.  Yes, I did try wiping it off, but the moisture is so intense here that it gets INSIDE the lens.  Crazy.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment